Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Record 76 At 22-Sep-98 12:43 AM GMT Shakara said:verification status: 207.194.26.104 Mozilla/4.04 [en] (Win95; I); Shakara smiles "lets take the hunting path." DM: [After several hours on the path a strong looking man steps out from behind a tree holding an axe. He smiles briefly] Hello, how are you wayward travellers, my name is Moax and I will be your thief today... Return to the game hub

Record 75 At 20-Sep-98 03:50 PM GMT Pell said:verification status: 208.156.132.130 Mozilla/4.04 [en] (Win95; U);

I think we should take the hunting trail, shakara. A trail like that ought to lead us to civilization, and I think we could both use a little rest at an inn.

DM: You are far more likely to find an inn along among the outlying hunting trails than along the main road unless you are way off (by over a day or two). However, any inn on a trail is going to be rudimentary an expensive - intended as a "fortress primeval" for injured hunters (hmmm sound familiar?). Inns along the road will be expensive too, but have higher class patrons. Btw, the going through the brush is getting tough so it may be rough going if you continue north. The area is breaking into brush with many ridges, plateus(sp?) and valleys. Return to the game hub

Record 74 At 17-Sep-98 12:53 PM GMT Shakara said:verification status: 207.34.136.34 Mozilla/4.04 [en] (Win95; I);

"I am fine" she inists. "As for the elk taking a watch, I'll think about it"

DM: The elk would probably be a good guardian being naturally nocturnal... except they tend to bolt and run instead of sounding the alert. Did you take the hunting path or do you want to continue northward across county until you hit the Golden Road of The Elphan Guilds? (A road that runs east-west from the rapids of the Blue River to the Bridge of Wyverns - passing through Sundale, StarValley, Oakdale, and Bel. Return to the game hub

Record 73 At 16-Sep-98 08:46 PM GMT Pell said:verification status: 208.156.128.55 Mozilla/4.04 [en] (Win95; U);

*After several days of this* Shakara... are you all right? You've been pushing yourself awfully hard, m'dear. Perhaps... and I feel very odd saying this... we should let the elk take a watch? It seems intelligent enough. *pell says, with concern in his voice, while looking shakara over for signs of weariness*

DM: Return to the game hub

Record 72 At 16-Sep-98 04:56 PM GMT Shakara said:verification status: 207.194.26.93 Mozilla/4.04 [en] (Win95; I);

Each night when they camp Shakara tends first the elk's wounds then Pells. She takes the first watch and the last watch of the night.

DM: Return to the game hub

Record 71 At 14-Sep-98 07:53 PM GMT Pell said:verification status: 208.156.132.160 Mozilla/4.04 [en] (Win95; U);

Perhaps... but I'm more interested in getting there a s a p. Let's get this journey over with, eh?

DM: Overhearing this conversation the elk positions itself toward the north and looks agitatedly at you both over its shoulder. A few days later you find a hunting trail - the brush grows thickly here and the view northward from each peak reveals harder travel. At night you have heard distant wolf-cries but nothing near enough to scent. Most animals would probably have a healthy fear of humans near a settlement. Monsters may be a problem since their territorial nature includes conquest. Return to the game hub

Record 70 At 14-Sep-98 02:56 PM GMT Shakara said:verification status: 207.34.136.48 Mozilla/4.04 [en] (Win95; I);

Shakara sighs "Well onward then. Maybe we can find a farmer who will trade us for a differnt mount."

DM: Return to the game hub

Record 69 At 12-Sep-98 05:55 PM GMT Pell said:verification status: 208.156.132.159 Mozilla/4.04 [en] (Win95; U);

*mumbles to himself* you can't go back... have to go forward to go back. DM: Return to the game hub

Record 68 At 12-Sep-98 12:13 AM GMT Shakara said:verification status: 207.34.136.53 Mozilla/4.04 [en] (Win95; I);

OOC: just how much further are we talking here?

DM: less than a week. It was a 600 mile journey, 30-50 miles per day (elkback) for the first week then 20-30 since Pell was wounded. The last leg will be at 20/day due to the loss of your mount. Return to the game hub

Record 67 At 10-Sep-98 03:16 AM GMT Pell said:verification status: 208.156.132.194 Mozilla/4.04 [en] (Win95; U);

yes, I suppose you're right. Well, we'll stay here for a few days and then head out. DM: Sorry I forgot to mention, you are almost there. Over the past few days you have passed several hills and even found the remnants of a recently abandoned campfire. The elk is very cut up and will probably have to be abandoned. Starvalley could not be further than Corum at this point. {ooc: I prefer to roll outdoor encounters weekly rather than daily. It keeps the game going fast and it's usually more realistic... foraging is a separate roll.} Return to the game hub